a month has passed since our grad dinner but I thought some of you might be interested in what exactly goes on in a room full of sommeliers and graduates of the ALGONQUIN COLLEGE SOMMELIER CERTIFICATE ...
Welcoming Reception: assorted canapés served with FREIXENET CORDON ROSADO - off to a good start!
Appetizer: terrine of pencil green asparagus with goat cheese purée served with YALUMBA Y SERIES VIOGNIER 2008 - my favourite wine of the evening (remember I am partial to whites).
Salad: zucchini ribbon salad with pine nuts
Honoured Guest Speaker: David Loan of Zen Kitchen
Entrée: prime rib with Yorkshire pudding, honey garlic sweet potatoes, buttered sugar snaps and red pepper served with PILLITTERI ESTATES WINERY CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2007 and CHATEAU LE GRAND MOULIN CUVEE GRANDE RESERVE 2008 - I preferred CHATEAU LE GRAND MOULIN
Address to the Graduates: Heather Boyd (in pic below)
Vittoria Trattoria & Pillitteri Estate Winery
Sommelier Award of Excellence - Anne Marie Thompson
Charlie Pillitteri & Caesar Santaguida
Dessert: Bourbon-Pecan fudge cake served with DEZZANI MORELLI MOSCATO D'ASTI 2009 (I love moscato d'asti - for me, it's hard to beat sweet sparkling for or with dessert).
Sommelier Pin Presentation to the Graduates (that's me in the middle)
Coffee and Tea
so there you have it. our graduate dinner from start to finish! it has been quite the journey tasting our way through the Algonquin Sommelier Certificate program ... brought to a close with a lovely dinner and ceremony.
bottoms up!
Éva

No comments:
Post a Comment