Friday, March 18, 2011

Vintages Pre-Release Tasting: Spain and Portugal

Vintages pre-release Tasting: Spain & Portugal
Thursday, 17 March 2011, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Vendange Institute, 440 Albert Street, Suite C108 

first flight:  3 whites ...

second flight - 3 reds ...

third flight - 2 reds ...

fourth flight - 3 Premium reds ... (all decanted for almost 2 hours)

fifth flight - 1 sweet ...

if I buy anything, it will be the port.  as Rod Story mentioned, there is nothing harsh about it.  if you like or want to try a LBV port, it's a no-brainer at that price point.  it was a treat to try the Premium reds, especially JONATA TODOS and PAUL HOBBS.  actually, I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed these 2 California Cabs.  they could still use some time in the bottle (still powerful after being decanted for 2 hours) but are rather well integrated - no oak wallop.  a pleasant surprise.  

so what will be in your cart on Saturday for the this LCBO Vintages Release???

bottoms up!
Éva

No comments:

Post a Comment