yesterday, I received ... (meaning: I haven't tasted them yet)
I am particularly interested in trying the 2008 UNDERCURRENT MUSCAT/SAUVIGNON BLANC/GEWURZTRAMINER since I adore the aromatics of Muscat (sweet floral and "grapey") and I'm interested in how it blends with Gewurz and Sauvignon Blanc. I would like to meet the person whose palate is sensitive enough to pick up "bizarre yeast trial using a strain (L2056) usually reserve for full-bodied red wines".
CREEKSIDE wine notes: "Light pressing of Muscat to preserve delicate aromatics produced just enough juice to be racked into two four year old French oak barrels. One barrel was permitted to undergo natural (‘wild’) fermentation, while the other was subjected to a bizarre yeast trial using a strain (L2056) usually reserve for full-bodied red wines ."
- 2007 UNDERCURRENT MALBEC 750ml
- 2007 RESERVE SAUVIGNON BLANC 750ml
I am particularly interested in trying the 2008 UNDERCURRENT MUSCAT/SAUVIGNON BLANC/GEWURZTRAMINER since I adore the aromatics of Muscat (sweet floral and "grapey") and I'm interested in how it blends with Gewurz and Sauvignon Blanc. I would like to meet the person whose palate is sensitive enough to pick up "bizarre yeast trial using a strain (L2056) usually reserve for full-bodied red wines".
CREEKSIDE wine notes: "Light pressing of Muscat to preserve delicate aromatics produced just enough juice to be racked into two four year old French oak barrels. One barrel was permitted to undergo natural (‘wild’) fermentation, while the other was subjected to a bizarre yeast trial using a strain (L2056) usually reserve for full-bodied red wines ."
so now I have 3 x HUFF ESTATES + 3 x CREEKSIDE selections ... we need to organize a wine tasting evening.
tasting notes to follow ...
bottoms up!
Éva

Pick me, pick me!
ReplyDelete