October 27, 2012 VINTAGES release
In this release, VINTAGES features:
- Bordeaux 2009 - A Magical Vintage: broken down into ...
- enjoy now & over the next 5 years
- 5 to 10 years
- 10+ years
- Small Wonders:
- VINE CLIFF LOS CARNEROS CHARDONNAY 2009 VINTAGES 289132, Price $44.95
- DOMAINE EDEN CHARDONNAY 2009 VINTAGES 296145, Price $27.95
- DUNN HOWELL MOUNTAIN CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2005 VINTAGES 296699, Price $99.95
- EMMOLO MERLOT 2008 VINTAGES 96024, Price $35.95
- Juslyn VineyardsJUSLYN SPRING MOUNTAIN CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2007 VINTAGES 289868, Price $139.95
- PB HEIN CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2005 VINTAGES 305086, Price $46.95
- MELVILLE VERNA'S ESTATE PINOT NOIR 2010 VINTAGES 291021, Price $34.95
- Malt Teasers - tempt your tastebuds with 1 of 5 fine whiskies in distinctive styles
- ARDMORE TRADITIONAL CASK HIGHLAND SINGLE MALT VINTAGES 228106, Price $44.95KONZELMANN FAMILY RESERVE MERLOT 2010 VINTAGES 299214, Price $27.00
- THE ARRAN MALT SAUTERNES CASK FINISH SINGLE MALT VINTAGES 291302, Price $76.95
- TOMINTOUL 21 YEARS OLD SPEYSIDE GLENLIVET SINGLE MALT VINTAGES 288225, Price $126.95
- MASTERSONS 10 YEARS OLD STRAIGHT RYE WHISKEY VINTAGES 289488, Price $109.95
- THE NEW ZEALAND WHISKY COLLECTION 10 YEARS OLD DOUBLEWOOD BLENDED WHISKY VINTAGES 305839, Price $89.95
- You had me at Merlot: 2010 vintage stellar for Merlot in Ontario
You know me, I would choose every bottle just to try it ... after all, sommeliers need lots of practice! Alas, I must whittle my list to the affordable. You may notice that I do not choose many if any bottles much over $20. I would rather get more bang for my buck. But there are some bottles, no matter the price, that I need to experience ... hence ARDMORE TRADITIONAL CASK HIGHLAND SINGLE MALT $44.95 and LOS AZULEJOS BLANCO TEQUILA $67.95 on my short-list. And then I usually confer with our LCBO Product Consultant, Matt Webb, as to his favourites from the release tasting - that usually adds a bottle or two to my list of "I need to have this!" wine.
As per usual, I have highlighted and sharpied my VINTAGES catalogue ...
YELLOW highlights what caught my eye.
➔ RED ARROW points to unique feature.
* RED SHARPIE STAR selections are those most likely to make it into my bag.
here I go with markers in hand ...
there you have it!
Éva Nagy - accredited sommelier & yummy food enthusiast
No comments:
Post a Comment