Monday, October 3, 2011

Art is in bakery - Little Italy, Ottawa

I find myself to be perfectly located in Hintonburg region of Ottawa.  one way leads to Little Italy.  another to China town.  the other way leads me down Wellington.  absolute heaven for someone who loves her wine and food.  which brings me to ART IS IN bakery - located in the City Centre building, bay #114 - Lebreton Flat off Scott Street (also know as the building that houses the Orange Monkey).

my friend, Erin, also likes her food and wine.  she recommended that we meet there for coffee.  I am so glad she did!  I was perfectly happy with my coffee and almond croissant but then I looked over at the sandwich boards.  duck confit on a brioche ... I know what I'm getting for hubby for lunch.  so I order 3 sandwiches:  
  • PROSCUITO MASCARPONE RICOTTA & BASIL PESTO: Tomatoes & arugula. Served on our Dynamite White bread. 
  • PULLED PORK (heaped on a bun, with coleslaw).
  • the duck confit is not to be but I will completely forgive them after I took just one bite of LE COPRIN WILD MUSHROOM MELT with Gouda and truffle oil.
I urge you to have a look at their baguettes, bakers creations, breads and sandwiches; you will not leave empty handed!  perhaps duck confit will make the sandwich board again.  I will just have to pop in on a regular basis - after all, it is walking distance.  

ooh, I just had a look at their website again.  they offer bread classes with KEVIN.  sign me up!

* I promise to take pics the next time.  in the meantime, please salivate over BAKERS CREATIONS!

sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy

No comments:

Post a Comment