Tuesday, October 4, 2011

gathering for food & Italian wine

while we were enrolled in the Sommelier certificate program at Algonquin College, a small group of fellow students & I would gather to sharpen and maintain our tasting skills.  since graduating, we still gather time to time to taste wine but it is evolving to more food & wine.  I am not complaining!

last night we gathered at Cynthia and Rick's home.  wow! did she provide a delicious spread.  surprisingly, every wine was a winner with food.  not one single dud in the bunch - that never seems to happen.  perhaps because Italian wine is so food-friendly.

 - perfect with appetizers

melted brie with caramelized onions  

pizza with proscuitto, crumble topping



 chicken, mild & spicy sausages, potato

  
  
 

I picked up a tiramisu from PARMA RAVIOLI 
* I must add that everyone declared this to be the best Tiramisu they have ever tasted! *


note:  Jane provided scrumptious Pumpkin Cheese Tartlets with Butter Pecans.  please view picture on website.  I popped mine in my mouth before I could even think of taking a shot of it.  then the platter was clear.  hence no photo.

so that's what we enjoyed yesterday evening.  not bad, huh?  but now I wonder how any of us will top this.  thanks again for hosting, Cynthia & Rick!

sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy - Sommelier

No comments:

Post a Comment