Sunday, July 29, 2012

TACOLOT

TACOLOT

Every day I bicycle right past TACOLOT (as well as SuzyQ and Hintonburger, of the Hintonburg "hipster trifecta") and gaze longingly at the crowded tables of folks enjoying tacos.  I finally had the opportunity to try it for myself and I was not disappointed!  I've read some reviews complaining about the portions, flavours, service but I must disagree.  All of the ingredients were fresh and flavourful, the service friendly. I'm amazed they can produce such yumminess from such a small space. As you can see from my photo, I cleaned my plate - beef taco, pork taco, bean salad, guacamole,corn and fresh fruit - and felt fully satisfied.  I will be back!  ... oh and if you need dessert, SuzyQ doughnuts is right next door!

 
 
 
 
 Every Sunday 1-3pm, Ottawa's best chefs prepare and serve their signature tacos!

I encourage you to check out TACOLOT for yourself.  Maybe I'll see you there!

sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy - accredited sommelier & yummy food enthusiast

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to go this weekend but didn't have a chance. I must try it before the run ends.

    Apparently, we have a new taco truck in the New Edinburgh area. I will be searching it out for lunch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that tacolot is walking distance - delish! although I would like to check out the yummy eats in your end of town!

    ReplyDelete