Saturday, March 31, 2012

California wine show - Ottawa - March 30, 2012

so I tore through the California wine show in just over 1/2 hour.  I have already resolved that I will spend much more time at this wine fair next year.  this is what caught my eye ... 

                                                
 
 
 
 
 
 
  


 
 
gorgeous Pinot Noir
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thomas George of Thomas George Estates
my favourite was Thomas George.  His Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs were outstanding!  Plus he was ever so kind to speak with.  And he shared his favourite wine with me.  Outstanding!

sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy - accredited sommelier and yummy food enthusiast

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Thomas George Pinot Noirs, too. The one on the left side of the table (I forget the name), might have been my favourite of the show. There were two others that I loved as well -- one from Duckhorn and one from Kenneth Volk Vineyards (Santa Maria Cuvee 2008 Pinot Noir) which will be released in November at under $40.

    The Etude Cab Sauv was another highlight of the show for me.

    I didn't try many whites, but I loved the Gloria Ferrer sparkler -- I have liked every sparkling wine from them that I have tried.

    ReplyDelete