The Ambassador of Mexico, Francisco J. Barrio and Mrs. Hortensia Olivas de Barrio kindly invited us to a special dinner - seasonal Mexican dishes - in celebration of the first anniversary of the inclusion of Traditional Mexican Cuisine into the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
| little did we know just how generous the portions would be. we unwittingly cleared our plates just short of licking them. |
| having learned from the first course, we saved room for the third course |
| Ron Eade - Citizen Food editor - and my hubby, Duncan |
| that's it. that's all I could manage. yet I kept going back for another bite ... it was delicious!!! |
| by now I am grateful I wore a skirt with an elastic waist |
![]() |
| surprise! Mariachi was also declared Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity |
![]() |
| parting gift (wow!) |
![]() |
![]() |
| Duncan patiently waiting to taste Sotol Plata - very nice |
a note about Sotol Plata - "Sotol is elaborated with a wild agavacea variety called Dasylirion. It grows in the Chihuahua desert located in northern Mexico with its own origin of denomination. Tarahumaran and Anazasis tribes uses the Sotol since 800 years ago. In desert's harsh climate, only the strongest and healthiest plant survives a natural selection."
sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy - sommelier and yummy food enthusiast
p.s. I would like to share some info - as provided in giftie bag - with you ...
sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy - sommelier and yummy food enthusiast
p.s. I would like to share some info - as provided in giftie bag - with you ...














Nice post. I particularly like the picture of Duncan being very patient.
ReplyDelete