you know by now that I am a big fan of Tequila. it is my favourite spirit. I'm going to check out Mexico’s Grand Tequila Tasting demonstration at the Ottawa Wine & Food show.
Saturday November 12th, 2-3pm - Ottawa Convention Centre 200 Level, $69
I am very intrigued by the information I have received so far ...
Presenters: Daniela Solis, Tequila Regulatory Council and Stuart Brown, Mixologist and Tequila Brand Ambassador, Diageo.
The essence of Tequila is more
than a shot at a bar. Tequila has a long history and tradition in
Mexico, and is one of its treasured drinks. This Saturday, as part of
the Ottawa Food and Wine Show, the Tequila Regulatory
Council in Mexico is providing a demonstration from 2:00-3:00 p.m. which includes:
·
History of tequila
·
Origin of tequila in Aztec mythology.
·
The Appellation of Origin Tequila
·
Presentation of the Tequila Regulatory Council (CRT)
·
Regulations for tequila
·
How to recognize authentic alcoholic beverages on the market.
·
Authorized producers.
·
The agave, cultivation and harvest
·
The process of making tequila
In addition, mixologist
is onsite offering tastings of Jose Cuervo Especial Gold, Jose Cuervo
Especial Silver, Don Julio Blanco and Don Julio Reposado.
see you there?
* my notes and pics to follow
sit. sip. savour.
Éva Nagy - sommelier and yummy food enthusiast
No comments:
Post a Comment