for all the years I have attended the Ottawa Wine & Food show, I am always drawn to Cornerstone Estate Winery. I was drawn initially to their Strawberry wine. then I spoke with Jerry and Wanda, founders of Cornerstone Estate. they are so passionate, warm & friendly. I make a point to visit their booth with friends in tow.
as per their Facebook page ...
"Cornerstone Estate Winery is located in the heart of the Niagara
Peninsula, Beamsville Ontario. Family owned and operated, the winery
produces premium quality wines with their own grapes.
Jerry
and Wanda Kopanski founded their charming, family owned winery in 2002.
They consistently produce premium wines using their own fruits. The
winery focuses on limited productions, resulting in small batches of VQA
wines.
In addition to their vineyards they also have an extensive fruit tree farm including peach, cherry, pears, apples, plum nectarine and apricot. They recently won 2 bronze awards at the Canadian Wine Awards for their 2007 Cabernet Franc-Merlot VQA and their 2008 Strawberry Festival Wine. Not to be missed is their 2005 Fine Port which won Best Value Fortified Wine at the 2008 Toronto Wine and Cheese Show. Also look for their new 2009 Chardonnay Musque, which was hand picked and sorted to perfection. When you visit Cornerstone, you are likely to meet the friendly owners, who are always pleased to discuss all things wine and guide you through an enjoyable tasting of their fine products."
enjoy! sit. sip. savour. Éva Nagy - sommelier & yummy food enthusiast | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
in this crazy life of ups and downs, it is important to ... sit. sip. savour. best done with good friends, good wine ... and do not forget the cheese!
Popular Posts
- wordless string of yummy rosés
- Cornerstone Estate at the Ottawa Wine & Food show
- Fromage Face-off - National Capital Sommelier Guild & Beckta event
- why blog about it?
- wordless string of yummy whites
- TACOLOT
- Bordeaux that won't break the bank - April 26, 2014 VINTAGES release
- 7 wines
- can't get past rosés, tequila, cachaça & IPA
- New Zealand in my glass
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Cornerstone Estate at the Ottawa Wine & Food show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think I've tried their wines. Can we get them at the LCBO? I wanna try.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely Holly - I ordered a case. wanna try? ... although I don't have it yet.
ReplyDelete